Solution for Laptop's Touchpad Not Working:
We are all know that laptops are having the touchpad to operate. For desktop computers we need external mouse to operate but we can use touchpad in laptops instead of external mouse.
Laptops needs drivers for touchpad. Most of the laptops comes with touchpad drivers by default, if not we have to install it separately from online or CD/DVD which is provided from the laptop seller.
If the laptop touchpad is not working then we can use external mouse but we have several ways to fix the laptop touchpad issue. It is better to use laptop touchpad only instead of external mouse because we can not use the mouse at all places like traveling etc.
Every laptop touchpad has 3 options which are Right Click, Left Click and Scroll. Scroll option will be disable in some type of laptops but we can enable it from touchpad settings. Laptops has the option to disable and enable the touchpad also. Some laptops has touchpad on or off buttons directly so we can enable or disable the laptop touchpad ourselves.
Sometimes laptop touchpad is stops working or stops responding that time we can not operate the laptop with the touchpad. We can use mouse to operate but we have to fix the touchpad issue to use the touchpad again. We have several methods to fix if laptop touchpad is not working. We have provided below all the best solutions to fix laptop touchpad not working issues.
Steps to fix the issue- Laptop Touchpad Not Working:
If it is a New Laptop:
- If it is a new laptop and the touchpad is not working after installing the operating system, then we need to install the touchpad drivers related to the laptop model.
- There should be a option in Bios Settings which is “Disable or Enable the Touchpad”, if it is disabled by default then we have to enable it.
- There should be a option in Bios settings like Basic or Advanced Touchpad mode in some laptops. We can enable the touchpad by changing those options and restarting the laptop.
If it is a old laptop:
- If laptop touchpad is stopped working suddenly, then we can try restarting the laptop and once and check the status.
- If still touchpad is not working then check whether the touchpad button is turned off on the keyboard. If it off then turn it to on and check the status
- If still touchpad is not working, then go to control panel and go to Device Manager which is under Devices and Printers
- Click on Mice and other pointing devices
- You can see the touchpad option listed there, right click on that
- Go to update driver software
- Click on browse my computer for driver software
- Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
- Select the touchpad driver and click on next
- Now the driver will be updated
- Restart the laptop once and check the status
- If still the touchpad is not working then, go to bios settings when the laptop is turning on and there should be a option in Bios Settings which is “Disable or Enable the Touchpad”, if it is disabled then enable it and restart the laptop and check the status.
- If still touchpad is not working, then we can try reinstall the operating system
- If the problem is still exist, it might be a hardware problem, so visit the laptop service center and show it to them.
All the above steps are to fix the issue laptop touchpad is not working.
- Laptop mouse touchpad is not working
- Laptop touchpad stopped working
- Laptop mouse touchpad is not responding
- Laptop touchpad is not working after installing the driver
- Laptop touchpad is not working after installing the operating system